Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sunset on the Zambezi

One of the best times of the day to see wildlife, I'm learning, is as the sun's going down, and one of the best places is around water. So I took Sarah and her friend Tempe (granddaughter of my lovely Sydney friend Sheila) on a sunset cruise along the Zambezi River

Mix yourself an ice-cold gin and tonic, sit back and enjoy the ride.



Hippos



Impala


Elephant


Open-mouthed crocodile



Various birds with names I forget 😔 (the white one's an egret)





7 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your posts. Thanks for sharing with us. Safe trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your photos. Thank you for sharing. Safe trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing - I skipped the ice cold gin and tonic as it is 8 AM here but I had my morning tea with you instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giant kingfisher, red bishop, and not sure about the last one.. maybe a rufous bellied heron or African fin foot? What an amazing adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giant kingfisher, red bishop and maybe either African fin foot or rufous bellied heron? What an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, again!!! See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.